| Saturday, June 05, 2010 |
| Adulthood @ 30 |
I attended my son's nursery orientation this morning. Forms had to be filled up, and one of the infos which I had to provide was the father's name. Left it blank for a while, but eventually, I had to go back to that empty glaring space. I made a decision. This is it. I wrote, "single parent." Big leap, no turning back now.
As simple as that seemed to be, I realized that not only did I decide for myself, I have also decided on the fate of my son. That was it, I've cut the ties. I had to do it for us. And this was triggered by actually... something petty.
During the orientation, students will have to submit pictures of their family for an art project. Father, mother, siblings. What the?! I can't just give 'his' picture for my son to see!!! I am very lucky to have a really smart kid, and unfortunately, this is how his thoughts would sound like: "Okay, so I'm seeing this picture of my supposed father right in front of me, but where is he?!" No false hopes for everyone, especially, and most especially not for a kid!
I used to tell myself that I'll cross the bridge when I get there. Here I am now nearing that bridge. It won't be easy for both of us. How do I explain to him, at 4 years old? How will Gian understand, at 4 years old, that while all of his classmates has fathers, he doesn't? God help me.
Yes, only today, at 30 years old, did I realize that I am an adult. I should play the part.
It was today, that I ate "life-changing decision" for breakfast. |
posted by *~bLuSh~* @ 6/05/2010 10:16:00 PM  |
|
|
|
|
| About Me |
|

Name: *~bLuSh~*
Home: Manila, Philippines
About Me: I'm: VAIN, hyperactive, outgoing, stubborn, impulsive, critical, lazy, paranoid....
LOVES: music, dining, reading, sleeping, my iPod, perfumes, cyberspace, bags, going out, pictures, GOD-family-friends *^_^*
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| My Friends |
|
|
| Surprise |
|
|
| Let's Chatty |
| My Music |
|
|
| Got'ya |
|
|
| |
Post a Comment